The Riverside South Community Design Plan lays out the plans for the future development within the community. The latest design plan from the City of Ottawa is dated June 22, 2016.
The most significant elements of the Community Design Plan are:
- A rapid transit corridor and associated stations (ultimate technology to be determined through an environmental assessment);
- An open space system that includes parks, linkages and natural features;
- Higher densities concentrated around the rapid transit corridor;
- Residential areas organized around public spaces and community features; and,
- An employment area that acts as a transition area between the airport lands and the residential areas, as well as providing employment opportunities.
For greater details, you can find the design plan here => Riverside South Community Design Plan