The Riverside South Community Design Plan lays out the plans for the future development within the community. The community design plan can be found on the City of Ottawa website -> Riverside South Community Design Plan
The most significant elements of the Community Design Plan are:
- A rapid transit corridor and associated stations (ultimate technology to be determined through an environmental assessment);
- An open space system that includes parks, linkages and natural features;
- Higher densities concentrated around the rapid transit corridor;
- Residential areas organized around public spaces and community features; and,
- An employment area that acts as a transition area between the airport lands and the residential areas, as well as providing employment opportunities.
Open the PDF document for an overview of the future development in Riverside South